What is Black Deer Festival
A festival of Americana. Expect three days of live musical acts both from America and inspired by all kinds of American music. Food and drink inspired by the good old US of A, The Roadhouse where you can see (& hear!) trucks, motors and motorbikes as well as browse the stalls for all things rock, roll, blues and more! There’s also the Young Folk area but more on that below…
Though still in its infancy, Black Deer has already won a string of awards for its authentic celebration of Americana culture, showcasing some of the genre’s greatest acts. But the festival is more than an appreciation of a musical genre. Black Deer is a celebration of a way of life.
We will be there this year to experience everything first hand and report back afterwards, and we can’t wait! After two years this family cannot WAIT to be back at a festival, enjoying live music, food stands and an amazing atmosphere.
When & Where is it?
- Eridge Park, Kent, South of England. Held in the glorious deer park so your surroundings are beautiful even without the added festivities! Both day and weekend tickets are available.
- Festival dates: 17/18/19 June 2022, with camping available from the Thursday, departing the campsite on Monday morning. You can take a tent, book a ready-to-sleep in tent or take a campervan.
What music can you expect?
This week the final line up has been announced, with the headliners James, Wilco & Van Morrison. You can also expect Imelda May, The Cuban Brothers, Cam, Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly, Pokey Lafarge, The London African Gospel Choir and so, so many more!
In addition to the published line-up throughout the three days, you can expect an array of surprise performances, one-off collaborations and artist storytelling.
Is Black Deer family friendly?
Yes! There is a mini festival inside Black Deer called Young Folk with loads to do for the smallest guests so they can explore music, craft and the great outdoors! You can expect the Woodland Tribe where kids can have fun with constructive play, safely using natural materials to build the playground of dreams! There’s also tree climbing, zip wires, slacklining & a climbing wall!
What else should you know?
- Black Deer is a cashless festival. You can set up an Rfid wristband and charge it up before or during the festival. This makes the festival more secure, and transactions much faster when queuing for food etc. All info here.
- Eridge Park is one of the UK’s oldest deer parks with stunning views of rolling hills, open lakes and ancient woodland – which together, provide one of the most breathtakingly beautiful, natural settings for a weekend of outdoor live music.
- SupaJam is an amazing organisation who help educate vulnerable and disadvantaged young adults on all things music. They give students the skills, qualifications and confidence they need, to successfully enter and progress in the music industry. These students have their very own stage to manage – The SupaJam stage.
- Here’s a list of seven experiences you shouldn’t miss at Black Deer.
‘Black Deer was homely and friendly and, well, just fun. And its undulating weald setting was so utterly beautiful it took my breath away when I arrived…’ UK Festival Guide
We’ll be sharing our experience during and after the festival too, and we can’t wait!